Tuesday, February 26, 2008

what a web (w)e weave

i am always awestruck at what a small world this is. Mike and I were at Mt Hermon this last weekend, hanging out with a life coach named Bob Nicholson, and "interned" under him to see if life coaching/counseling is something Mike is interested in as a future career. He held a seminar and a couple meetings where we observed. The very last meeting that day was a family from Loomis. 

"Loomis?" i shrieked, before realizing I just opened a (cool) but big opening for a conversation. "yep, we are from Loomis". 
I say (before holding my tongue), "we were from Rocklin! Just moved from there about 2 years ago!". 
"Really, i work at Sierra College", says the husband. 
"No way", mike says, "we lived kiddy corner from the school in the apartments". 
"We are renting right now, and we live in the same complex. I am currently looking for a few good babysitters", says the wife. 
"No way, we probably have some names for you-we were youth pastors before moving here", I say, again, thinking there is no connection.
"Really? What church?" asks the wife. 
"Sierra College Blvd. Baptist Church, now LIFEhouse Church," I said figuring they went to Bayside like the rest of the town. 
"No way, we just became members there!" says the husband. 

the conversation went on, past on names of babysitters, and went on our way. But it is amazing to see how we are all interrelated somehow. It felt like the 6 degrees of Mike or Sarah Martin. I think that makes the body of Christ so cool. I bet you I now someone, who knows someone, who knows someone from South Africa, who knows Mike or me. Or our churches we have served at. And the same is probably for you. 

TRIPPY! But fun. neat. and kind of scary.

No comments: