Saturday, February 9, 2008

21

when i was a kid, i thought that anyone over the age of 22 must to be "grown up".  you are done with college, probably got married, and i figured I'd have 2 kids by 26 because I'd be "grown up" enough. i'm slightly weirded out because I'll be 27 in May and don't "feel" the age i'll be. Most days, I feel 21. And it really feels like yesterday that I was 21. not that 6 years is a huge age gap, but every year, the number increases, but i feel the same. 

i can't help but wonder am I grown up enough? am i responsible enough? stable enough? i think kids scare me because you really "grow up" when they are dependent on you constantly. that kind of freaks me out. i'm not sure if i'm ready to grow up just yet, this is realm of adulthood. but i can't help but wonder if I will ever feel it. maybe you don't. you're just thrown into responsibility, you don't wake up one morning and say, "boy, I feel like i'm now super adult and mrs. responsibility". i think that will be what happens to me. 

i guess i will eternally be 21 inside no matter if i have 2 kids attached to my hip. I'll just do my best to not dress 21 when i'm 55 and borrow my daughter's clothes (too much). 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi lover face!

Colleen Franklin said...

it's funny because i totally think of you as a responsible person, maybe because your job is so much about organizing, and i get to see you do such a great job of it all the time. as a parent, i (and probably brad too) spend alot of time feeling like we're making it up, and just trying to keep one tiny little step ahead of disaster (and gracie.) maybe all parents feel like that? i don't know. i do know that i think you and mike will be rockin' parents whenever that comes along. you're great with gracie-totally earning auntie status!

Gibbytron said...

I was going to wait until the 22nd to say something... NEW BLOG!!