Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pregnant diaries: Nesting...already?

Ok, the day leading up to the night of the horrible dream that woke me up at 3:30 am was probably the most fun I have had yet being pregnant. I had basically drank my first cup of coffee in, well, 2 months and had a day full of meetings which charged me up and I was rarin' to go when I got home. I knew there would be a chance we could be moving down the street and I was manic all day. I realized that I needed to harness this enormous amount of energy I somehow acquired and decided to go through our back closet, which has been full of boxes since July 2006. I haven't even looked at it since. 

I love caffeine. I went through 4 boxes in 3 hours that night and had so much energy, I could have kept going through things until the drugs wore off. But, needless to say, I was freaking out Mike who had a conversation with someone the day before who mentioned..."Sarah's going to change. She will be a different person the next 6 months and there is nothing you can do about it. So find an outlet." Lo and behold, he had his first interaction with Manic Sarah the very next day. 

I tried to recreate the amount of energy I had on Tuesday today, had a quick latte at the Abbey and went home to take over the world...and it just didn't work. I feel like i have been faking it. I have gone through more boxes and bags (because we are in fact moving down the street, super excited about that!) today but it's been lackluster. Oh, weird nesting energy, where did you go? Could you come back today? I have more to do!! 

4 comments:

Nini said...

We are SOOOO excited you are moving down the street...moving in above us in fact! So glad it worked out, can't wait to have you as neighbors! Moving is a great excuse to get rid of stuff and find stuff you forgot you had! Regarding your previous post, I can give you the lowdown on some baby stuff in person...I am a minimalist...but there are some things that are/were SO helpful!

Yea for new neighbors!

Michelle said...

Man, that was sure a teaser of an energy rush! Not fair! But yay for all that you DID get done so far!
What is better about down the street than where you live now? Is it just more room for the baby?

sarah said...

I know-such a teaser. I am hoping I will have it today too!!! (probably not though). I am excited to move-there's another bathroom (yay!), a cute little deck between the master bedroom and the baby's room, it's cheaper AND bigger and I get to live next to friends which will be great (especially when Nini needs a baby break-she can just drop them off on me :)). And its been more updated than our current place as well. I am so excited!!

Gibbytron said...

YO!