Monday, March 3, 2008

little life changes

as i type tonight, i have the hiccups. My grandfather used to call them "hee-cups", and I thought that was cute. I say "hick-ups".
anyway, as i hiccup away, i have made some minor life tweaks this week. i tend to do them spontaneously, then stop in 2-3 weeks.
  • no more coffee. i know. day 5 (minus sunday). pretty amazing. gotta love advil.
  • i am bringing clothes with me to the office. I ran up high st. to the ucsc entrance and back. i am now making this at least a twice a week occurrance.
  • I am trying to go bed early. i think about it, and need to. Its 11 pm now though, and I am not in bed.
  • wikipedia everything so i can grow in my knowledge of areas shared with me. i know know that John Donne worked at a church later in life, married scandalously (14-17 yr old), and had 11 kids, including 2 stillborn, one died at 18. Thank you, Wikipedia!
  • eat healthier. i brought some food to the office today that was SUPER healthy. then i went home at had Top Ramen and Soy Chips (spicy)...and a good 400 calories, i am sure.
anyway, those are little tweaks i am trying to change this month. How about you? (the hee-cups have gone away now).

8 comments:

Colleen Franklin said...

Wow, Sarah, once again, you amaze me! I am totally impressed.
I just recently tried to do a few little life changes as well:
-get up early (before Gracie anyway) to have some time to myself.
-make a list each night of junk to do the next day.
-be more like Sarah Martin.

So far the first two are coming together-but as for the last, I don't know if Brad will agree to the pompadour, and I look terrible with black hair. And let's face it, you're pretty hard to copy.

And by the way, from looking at the books you're reading, I'd say you're currently reading more non-fiction books than I'd read in a year. Talk about 'good for you' books! Quite impressive.

Franny said...

I decided to start working out more. That's not a little life change, more of a big one. I also decided I'm going to start wearing necklaces, and that's my little life change. I kinda like them, but I am so picky I don't know where to start.

Also, I'm embracing my high school self. She's wearing black nail polish right now.

sarah said...

Rosa-again, you are such a doll. :) i am so excited to hear (or see, actually) your little life changes. just beautiful. you know, i just love your vintage flair-love it! and speaking of books...i need to pick them up again. i havent for a while and need to-i appreciate the reminder. I need to actually finish one of them. hehe. thank you for the blog love :) and what great little life changes you are embracing. so fun!

franny-i am proud of you as well friend. when we go mtn biking (easy stuff) you will have to wear your necklace. or all of them. :) when i embrace my high school self, i blast Underground by Ben Folds and sing, sing, sing.

sarah said...

p.s. getting UP early...wow, i am impressed. i am really bad about that. I admire that about you, Rosa!! among many other things as well.

Gibbytron said...

I started a food journal. Wait, what? I don't even journal consistently! Help.

sarah said...

ugh, i need to start a food journal. Christmas really hindered me this year and my body is trying to catch up.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered this!!.... I didn't know you had a blog!!! Where is Mike's??

sarah said...

i know! it was a new years thing that i wanted to start. It's been really fun so far...Mike needs to start one-get all of his great thoughts down! tell him to start one, Danny!