Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thankful

OK, I'm stealing this idea from Rene-she is writing 10 things that she is thankful for as a part of her resolutions. I am not going to do it daily like she is, I don't think, but maybe weekly. :-) This may help us remember the blessings Jesus gives us and to appreciate each day. 

1. Mike (this is probably obvious)-he is the sweetest greatest husband in the world. I love him dearly and I am so thankful for him.
2. Caffeine (where would I be without it?)
3. the joy that kids have (watching samantha and gracie play last night was way too cute-they were buds and had a blast together and I want joy like that)
4. friends that want to hang out with Mike and me (and I'm not paying them off)
5. change that only Jesus can bring (he's has brought me so far in the last 12 years...and i have so far to go!)
6. no matter how crazy work might get, i wake up everyday excited, knowing i'm exactly where God wants me and is using my gifts to the fullest
7. Email and Facebook - how would i be in touch with people otherwise? :) 
8. pandora.com 
9. my parents-that they are still here on earth and i get to be only a half an hour away from them (where i've been 10 hours and 2.5 hours in the past)
10. sleep (10+ hours sounds great!)

1 comment:

Colleen Franklin said...

I love watching you with Gracie! You've definitely got the kid vibe goin' on! I love all the gaggle of kids that storm the coffee house every week.

I also liked how, on your profile, you listed your industry as 'religion'-
It makes it sound like you work on a factory line helping stuff religion into little vacuum sealed cans, like it's SPAM or fruit cocktail. I picture you and the VFC staff with hairnets and smocks like Laverne and Shirley........
(from Colleen aka Rosa)