Saturday, January 12, 2008

2007

I am stealing this from Vanessa. I enjoyed reading hers...and I will do my best for mine to be just as entertaining. 

1. what did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? convert to Mac (the computer Jesus would buy-haha). 

2. did you keep your new year's resolution and will you make more for next year? read this blog and it will explain my psychosis. 

3. did anyone close to you give birth? no, BUT my best friend from college, my community group (almost everyone), half of vintage faith is having a baby this year. so THIS is the year of baby showers. 

4. Did anyone close to you die? I dont think so (gosh, I should know this) 

5. what countries did you visit? none...but I did visit the midwest, which is practically another country

6. what would you like in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? to own my own home (can you say "pipe dream"!), an intern, to buy new furniture and better organization and less crap

7. what date in 2007 will be etched upon your memory and why? hmm....well, i'd have to say the first monday after Easter when I came into work (my first day working full time at Vintage) and hearing a schizophrenic lady making noises (really, really loud) and i go outside to check up on her-long story short, I find her in the bathroom (the public bathroom) fully naked, bathing herself. Scarred for life, I walk in on her and (nicely ask her to put her clothes back on) and usher her to our shower in the gym. 
(Later I find out that she is "Bad Crapper" - known for hiding in our building and crapping anywhere-on the floor, on a table-basically anywhere she can squat. Boy, aren't I lucky to walk in on this one!)
(oh gosh, that wasn't even a year ago yet...it feels like 10 years ago)

8. what was your biggest achievement of the year? i have a couple: successfully going to the gym regularly for 10 months out of the past 12 (um...November and December was a wash), the Christmas play "experience", having the energy to go to the Red after the gathering or on a friday night.

9. what was your biggest failure? i think a lot of little ones have added up to "the big one"

10. did you suffer illness or injury? hmm...my usual colds...my funky shoulder issue...i guess thats it (i watched a few of these though)

11. what was the best thing you bought? friends...oh, i mean a pair of A Pockets and lots of food...at restaurants...gosh, that's where most of my money went...

12. where did most of your money go? see number 11.. food. really, honestly, food.

13. what did you get really, really, really, really excited about? hmm...the Christmas Play (experience) for sure...Mike possibly going back to school...having some good friends again 

14. what songs will always remind you of 2007? it was the year of singing bad 80's worship "praise" songs in the office to remind us how far we have grown musically. Maybe we will do a "All 80's" worship gathering this year to get it all out of our system?

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?  think i am a bit happier. 
thinner or fatter? well, i'm about the same actually. wow, there's nothing like stability

16.  what do you wish you'd done more of? cardio, hosting more get togethers,  hang out with more people that i like, gotten over myself and embrace where I am at in life (which I did in Dec 2007! yay!)

17. what do you wish you would have done less of? caring about what people think of me
 
18. how did you spend Christmas? I plead the 5th

19. did you fall in love in 2007? yeah (with mike... and some jeans...and some cute second hand tops...and a dress...and most of Angi's clothes)

20. how many one-night stands? none

21. What was your favorite TV show? hmm...America's Next Top Model, 24, The Office, My Name is Earl, How I met Your Mother and anything on E! (i know, sad but true)

22. do you hate anyone that you didnt hate this time last year? gosh, hate is such a strong word

23. What was the best book you read in 2007? Living Your Strengths...and Shopaholic Ties the Knot.
 
24. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2007? hmm...gosh, I'm not really sure. I sort of listen to Ben Folds. all. the. time. 2008 will be the year that I break out and find new music. Yes. (any suggestions?)

25. what did you want and get? new jeans, full time job at vintage, a vacation

26. What did you want and not get? more downtime, a book contract, start dancing again, travel overseas, better organization, a new place to live (preferably our own), a double boiler 

27. what was your favorite film this year? Little Miss Sunshine (it probably came out in 2006, but i watched it in 2007)

28. what did you do on your birthday and how old were you? It was SO fun-it was number 2-6! went to the Red (thanks Lizzy!) and had dinner with friends. The day of, i think we went out for dinner with my dad. Big bash for this year! oh yes! Can't wait!!

29. what one thing would have made your year immensely more satisfying? oh, how I agree with Vanessa-a housekeeper

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? you know, part rockabilly, part punk, part prep (i guess?)...you know, the usual. and, again, agreeing with vanessa, it is all about the hair (and I have changed my hair more than my sheets...)

31. what kept you sane? sarcastic jokes, parodying everything, talking in the office (hmm...extravert?), fat tire and/or margaritas and singing

32. which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? um, Micheline from America's next top model. She's gorgeous, has cool style, beautiful tattoos. Oh...and Nicole Richie. She looks good with the baby bump and great after rehab...or jail, whichever.

33. what political issue stirred you the most? global warming, hands down (thanks Dan)

34. who did you miss? Nancy, Nicki, Goulet, my maiden name

35. Who was the best new person you met? oh gosh, i dont know this one. I met a lot of cool people. If i met you in 2007, you fit this question. know you are loved.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:  less is more. simplicity is good. holding onto notes from 1996 is not. and really, truly, everything always works out-no need to stress over the little things (i am still learning to apply this to my life). i guess that makes 2 valuable lessons. 

1 comment:

Clara Kuo said...

Ha!! You and I both Next Top Model fans. As I usually say...inside every tomboy is a model looking to get out.