Friday, August 29, 2008

i. am. going. insane.



If you have ever been to my house, you might know that I live across the street from a trailer park. Well, the park owners thought that it would really be amazing to repave the park as a sign of goodwill and cheer. About 3 weeks ago, I woke up to amazingly large trucks which sounded like they were right outside my window. At 6:55 a.m. It was a Friday, the one day of the week where I can sleep in a bit. 

Well, the last two or three weeks have been slightly torturous. I wake up in the morning, by 7 a.m., to the sound of trucks entering their driveway, horrible smells from who knows where, and easily 25 cars parked all along Mar Vista. Even people parked in my own alley way for over 2 weeks now! We left for vacation for 5 days and thought maybe they would be finished. We came home only to find it even worse than before we left. It had looked like they hadn't done anything. 

Anyway, all of this to say, it's disrupted my flow. Yes, I would wake up to the garbage truck once a week, or have had people park in my alley way before, but this has been ongoing. Never have I seen so many cars displaced from their homes. I'm sure this must be an inconvenience to those who are patiently waiting to get their car back in their driveway. I know, I know, I just be lucky that it's a repaving project with large trucks and not military tanks or bombs dropping from the sky. Hey, I know it could be worse. But it's slightly inconvenient to try to not hit the car parked behind me as I leave my driveway or hear "beep, beep, beep, beep" for 15 days now. Thankfully, it looks like they might be finishing up today (see images above). But I think if I hear any more reverse beeps, I might go insane.  

No comments: