Monday, April 13, 2009

reliving the nineties

I am now old enough to have the band of my youth have reunion tours. I was reading in Rolling Stone magazine (r.s. 1075) that 90's bands have reunited for tours this summer: No Doubt, Limp Bizkit, Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam among others.

"I always believed in the 15-year rule," says VH1 VP Rock Krim. "Fifteen years ago was the heart of the 1990's. It feels like fertile ground".

Ok, first of all, since when has it been fifteen years since the heart of my youth? where did the time go? For real. Second, if you are a popular band now, does that mean in 2024, Nickelback, John Mayer and the dude who sounds like the Counting Crows (but isn't) will have a comeback tour? Don't sell me a ticket to that one. Not my era of music. Just find tickets to Ben Folds concerts when he's 65 and playing at Mtn Winery.

alright, sell me a hugely overpriced ticket to Lollapalooza or BFD already. Time to revisit my heyday (well, musically speaking).

No comments: