Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pregnant diaries: Jackson

so, as you all know, we have decided to name the boy who is residing in my womb Jackson (and you can call him Jack if you'd like). There are so many great reasons to name this little guy Jackson. Let's recall all the great Jackson's in our lives. 

"Jackson" - by Johnny Cash (and June Carter Cash, I believe). This was a huge inspiration for me (well, I love Johnny Cash. The song is um...maybe not a rendering of our situation :)). Gotta love Johnny. 
"Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson 
Look out Jackson town."

Jackson 5-those were much brighter days for Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael.
"ABC...it's easy as 1, 2, 3"

Jackson, California - special place in any Californian's heart. 

Luscious Jackson - a great 1990's band (my glory days). 

Jackson Browne - epic. a little odd. but epic.

Jackson Pollock - well, minus his issues with alcohol, he paved his way in the modern expressionist movement creating amazing art....well, maybe we don't use him as an example.

soon enough, Jackson _____ Martin will be joining all the great Jackson's of history. I can't wait to welcome him into the circle of greatness. 

5 comments:

Blessed said...

And when he is freaking out crying, you can call him Jack Jack, after the Incredibles baby!

Always good to have a way to maintain your sense of humor when you have a screaming baby. He does not mean it personally, that's just his superpower showing itself. ; )

Michelle said...

Jackson California? I've never heard of it...but maybe it's because I am not a "true" Californian, since I didn't move to California until I was 2 years old. Hm....

sarah said...

i say google Jackson. its a great town in the heart of the gold country. a quaint town, romantic setting on the way to tahoe...ahh, yes.

who can forget Jack Jack?!

Unknown said...

I miss you. Hope Jackson is cooking well in your belly. Love you!

Shannon Marie said...

my family's motorhome broke down in jackson one time. my uncle came to fix it and i was trying to escape to "buy shampoo" (ie, call my boyfriend i didn't want anyone to know about). i really did go buy shampoo, and i stopped at the payphone outside the store to call my boyfriend. my uncle saw me and said "OH MY GOSH, DOES SHANNIE HAVE A BOYFRIEND ?!" and picked me up over his head (he is very tall), which made me drop the shampoo and it splattered all over him.

but i have to admit, i hate jackson pollack.